Falls Church Volunteer Fire Department's Santamobile arriving earlier in 2023
Falls Church City, VA – November 16, 2023 – The Falls Church Volunteer Fire Department has announced that this year the beloved Santamobile will start a week earlier than in past years. The Santamobile will operate from December 8 through December 16.
As is the tradition, Santa will wave from atop the “sleigh” to children and adults of all ages who brave the cold to see him. Santa will be joined by his team of elves handing out candy canes and safety information.
“This festive community tradition shouldn’t be missed, said Jenny Quinn, the Department’s Santamobile Coordinator. “We can’t wait to see everyone starting December 8.”
The nightly routes for the Santamobile are posted on the Department’s website, facebook and Instagram pages. Since there are occasional changes to the routes due to weather and other factors, you can stay up-to-date with the latest updates by following the Department on Facebook (@FallsChurchVFD) or Instagram (@FallsChurchVFD) and watch for the nightly Santa tracker link – an online “real time tracker” for the sleigh that evening.
Thank you to the Bitici group at KW Metro and The Freshman Group with Atlantic Coast Mortgage for being the exclusive sponsors of the Santamobile- the FCVFD appreciates their generous support!
The Santamobile schedule is below, but routes may change because of road conditions, traffic, construction, and to ensure Santa’s safety. The remaining days are reserved for Santa to drive through neighborhoods in Fairfax and Arlington, weather permitting.
- December 8: South of W. Broad Street in the St. James Cemetery and Virginia Forest neighborhoods up to and including Seaton Lane and S. Oak south of the Tripps Run bridge.
- December 9: North of W. Broad Street including Little Falls Street.
- December 10: South of W. Broad Street in the Tyler Gardens neighborhood and Virginia Forest neighborhood south of Seaton Lane; also includes streets north of the Tripps Run bridge (Hillier, S. Oak, Lee, Rees, Chanel).
- December 11: The Little Falls neighborhood, and streets east of Washington Street including the Madison Park and Whittier Park neighborhoods.
- December 12: Broadmont neighborhood and streets on the north side of Hillwood east of Cherry Street.